Gabedit 2.5.0 released
The new version (2.5.0) of Gabedit has been released and is available for download at http://gabedit.sourceforge.net/
Gabedit is a graphical user interface to computational chemistry packages like Gamess-US, Gaussian, Molcas, Molpro, MPQC, OpenMopac, Orca, PCGamess and Q-Chem. It can display a variety of calculation results including support for most major molecular file formats. The advanced "Molecule Builder" allows to rapidly sketch in molecules and examine them in 3D. Graphics can be exported to various formats, including animations.
Here is a list of the significant changes between 2.5.0 and 2.4.8:
- Minor bugs fixed.
New tools for VASP :
- read geometries (Optimization or M. Dynamic) from VASP OUTCAR file
- read geometry from VASP POSCAR file
- Create VASP POSCAR file
Read dielectric function from a VASP xml file and compute optic properties : the refractive index n(w), the extinction coefficient k(w), the absorption coefficient alpha(w), the reflectivity R(w), the energy loss spectrum L(w), and the optical conductivity sigma(w).
- read data from vasprun.xml and plot DOS, pDOS and, Bands structures
- Gabedit can now read the hessian from .hess orca file. After reading of the hessian, Gabedit computes frequencies, modes and effective masses.
- Export in CChemI : update
- Tv accepted (used by Gaussian and Mopac for periodic system). Using Tv, Gabedit can generate other cells.
- deMon2k is now supported (Thanks to Dennis Salahub, Mauricio Chagas da Silva, Jonathan Kung and Morteza Chehelamirani for their suggestions, corrections, comments,...)
- Gabedit can now compute the anharmonic spectrum by QM/MMFF94 method using iGVPT2 program. Gabedit can read the harmonic and anharmonic spectra from an iGVPT2 output file.
- Energy, geometry optimization, MD, MD Conformations search by MMFF94, MMFF94s, UFF and Ghemical potentials are now supported by Gabedit via Open Babel.
- Energy, geometry optimization, MD, MD Conformations search using your own program (potential) are now supported. DFTB+ is supported via this new tool.
Instructions for compiling under Mac OSX are here https://sites.google.com/site/allouchear/Home/gabedit/download/compilation-under-macosx.