28 01 20 - Filed in: Molecule editor
Just got a message that VESTA has been updated to version 3.4.8 with several bug fixes, support for dark mode, and Improved support for pdb file format.
VESTA is a 3D visualization program for structural models, volumetric data such as electron/nuclear densities, and crystal morphologies. Some of the novel features of VESTA are listed below.
- Deal with multiple structural models, volumetric data, and crystal morphologies in the same window.
- Support multiple tabs corresponding to files.
- Support multiple windows with more than two tabs in the same process.
- Deal with virtually unlimited number of objects such as atoms, bonds polyhedra, and polygons on isosurfaces (theoretical limit on 32bit operating system is 1,073,741,823)
- Support lattice transformation from conventional to non-conventional lattice by using matrix. The transformation matrix is also used to create superlattice and sublattice.
- Visualize interatomic distances and bond angles that are restrained in Rietveld analysis with RIETAN-FP.
- Transparent isosurfaces can be overlap with structural models.
- Isosurface can be colored on the basis of another physical quantity.
- Arithmetic operations among multiple volumetric data files.
- High quality smooth rendering of isosurfaces and sections.
- Export high-resolution graphic images exceeding Video card limitation.