VIDA v4.4.0 has been released. This upgrade adds several new features and fixes many previous issues.
- A new ribbon style that produces ribbons with a smoother appearance has been introduced into VIDA.
- Improvements to the Builder/Sketcher, including:
- closing the Sketcher window prompts for Save, Save as New, Discard, or Cancel
- closing the Builder closes the Sketcher window
- an additional “Save As New” option in the toolbar and Builder context menu
- hitting Return now finishes adding typed-in molecules from the Sketcher
- Significant improvements to the Extension Manager. In addition, extensions can be centrally deactivated.
VIDA is built on top of the OpenEye Toolkits v2017.Oct libraries to ensure that it and ancillary programs take full advantage of the state-of-the-art improvements in all underlying programming libraries. Support for macOS El Capitan (10.11), macOS Sierra (10.12), and macOS High Sierra (10.13) has been added.