Papers for Mac updated
15 02 15 - Filed in: Reference Management
The popular reference management application Papers have been updated to version 3.2.7. This update includes improved syncing between multiple devices, Mendeley integration, when importing your Mendeley library, collections, annotations and keywords (tags) are now included.
Performance & Stability:
- App startup: Improvements to how the app accesses the user's library to reduce the likelihood of slow startup times, as well as improved performance during general app usage.
- Dropbox Sync: Improvements to reliability. Previously when syncing after launching the app, UI refreshes for subsequent sync operations that changed the metadata of library items that had been changed during the first sync would often not occur until relaunching the app.
- Reduces the likelihood of a crash during application startup.
- Reader: No longer crashes when closing all Reader tabs using Cmd+W after launching the app in Reader mode.
- Federated Search: No longer crashes when selecting "Others" when previously having one of the Favourite search engines selected.
- Citations: No longer crashes when generating an example citation of a single publication.
- Stability: Addressed the cause of a memory leak that could occur in certain scenarios.
- Smart Collections: Nested Smart Collections are no longer shown in the pop-over when using the "Add to collection" option. This was incorrect and improves app performance with large libraries with many Smart Collections.
- Keywords: When in the Labels mode, filtering now works correctly in the Keywords search bar.
- Dropbox Sync: Author metadata for papers newly imported on another device is now display correctly in the Info Inspector without needing to relaunch the app.
- Finder integration: Several improvements to the Finder Spotlight search feature.
- Spotlight Search: Improvements to index rebuilding to prevent a crash in rare circumstances.
- Papers 2 Import: Improvements to reliability during the import operation.
- Author editing: Resolves a bug in the Authors screen where it was possible for the "Me" author to become un-editable.
- Collections: Correct identation style for nested collections when viewed in the "Add to collection" pop-over from the Overview Inspector.
- Freehand annotations: Improvements to the selection of previously drawn freehand annotations.
There is a comprehensive listing of reference management applications for Mac here.