Fortran Modernisation Workshop
I’m not a Fortran user but overtime I mention it there is a sharp uptick in page views so there are obviously a significant number of users who might be interested in this workshop.
Date: 24 - 25 August 2016. Time: 09:30 - 17:30. Location: Learning Resource and Development Centre (Library), E building, Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, OX14 3DB
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Software engineering for computational science;
- Modern Fortran standards and how to write optimized and efficient Fortran;
- NetCDF and HDF5 scientific file formats for data sharing in Fortran;
- GNU Automake to automate the build process;
- pFUnit unit testing framework for testing Fortran codes;
- Doxygen for Fortran code documentation;
- Git version control for collaborative code development;
- In-memory visualisation using PLplot in Fortran;
- IEEE Floating Point Exception Handling
- Software verification and portability using the NAG Fortran compiler
- Fortran interoperability with C, Python and R;
- Introduction to parallelism for Fortran.
There is a page of Fortran Resources here.