ChemDoodle 3D v3 is available
It has been a little while but ChemDoodle 3D is out, and looking at the new features it was certainly worth the wait, this is a major upgrade!
New features in ChemDoodle 3D v3:
- Faster and more advanced shaders for the most realistic graphics or captivating cartoon rendering. There are now 6 shaders to choose from.
- Fully customizable and dynamic real-time shadow rendering.
- Molecules can now be built using intuitive tools and a continuous running optimization (using the new Minimizer widget) to allow you to build accurate models and the specific conformations you desire. It is a lot of fun to physically interact with the structures you build!
- New bond types, more aromatic ring representations, more cheminformatics functions.
- Distances can now be measured between any combination of bond centers and atoms; previously only atoms were allowed. Visual specifications for all shapes can now be independently edited.
- Fully customizable surfaces can now be built for selections of atoms.
- Selector tools have been added, and you can now select objects by lasso and rectangular marquee.
- Our interface engine is now fully implemented including drawing toolbars, widgets, autosaving, workspace control and more.
- Style sheets (and scene settings files) can now be created, saved and loaded.
- Quaternions can now be used for all rotations, instead of just X-Y axis rotation.
- Full support for the new RCSB MacroZZmolecular Transmission Format.
- A more advanced copy and paste system.
- After effects are new multipass shader options that provide additional graphical effects. Blurring and outlining are currently available.
- Outlines are now rendered for highlighted and selected objects.
- Model settings in the Visuals panel in Preferences are now organized by model type.
- A new Custom Element Color Set. Color choosers have been upgraded and now affect graphics in real time. Improved MacOS look and feel.
- Added the last of the new element names recommended by IUPAC. Added more published van der Waals values.
- Polishing, new icons, and performance improvements affecting just about every asproect of the product, from picking to animations to rendering and saving images.