Updated Applescript Resources
I’ve just updated the Applescript Resources page, in particular I’ve included updates to the great tools provided by Satimage-Software. These include Smile a programming and working environment that you can use in a variety of situations. You may want to perform a scientific work, to handle cgi requests, to automate an intensive file processing task, to produce computed graphics, to edit XML files, to work with Unicode texts, to make GUI of your scripts, and SmileLab the SmileLab license adds the data visualization features to Smile, the automation environment by Satimage-Software.
In SmileLab you can
- extract data from files (default data formats supported: text, binary, FITS, XNF, ...),
- perform data processing using commands provided with Smile or controlling external code
- visualize your data in the most usual forms (curves, scatter plots, bar graphs, contour lines, color maps and vector fields in 2D, and 3D surfaces),
- customize the interaction of the user with the plots (handling mouse clicks, contextual menus, keyboard events...) and create custom interfaces,
- export your plot as a PDF file, as a bitmap picture (PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PSD) or as a QuickTime movie.