After many months of beta testing the latest version of the popular Mac dedicated NMR spectroscopy application iNMR5 has been released. The key new features are tabulated below.
- Version 5 requires a 64-bit Intel chip and Snow Leopard. Version 4 is 32-bit Universal Binary and requires Tiger.
- real-time dragging
- When you drag the margins of the plot, or the integrals, or most of the objects, the plot is continuously updated. Overlay manager
- The Overlay Manager becomes non-modal and can be enlarged to show the full path of the individual documents. Sorting the overlays is simpler and more transparent.
- Manual phase correction
- The zero-order correction is controlled by a knob that never reaches the end of the run. The fine-coarse selector has many more stops. The phase panel is more compact.
- Other dialogs
- “Units and Scales” and “Colors and Levels” change the corresponding plots as soon as you click into a control. The Preferences dialog includes a “Preview” button. The color panel is no more modal. When the open dialog is open, the corresponding menu item isn't dimmed anymore. The console is more compact than in the past, but can be enlarged at will.
- Fit to overlay
- Fitting a simulated spin system is visibly faster.
- The new cursors are more specific. The horizontal palette has a single row of buttons.
- Info tool
- The interpolator is faster, more predictable and more reliable.
- The visual effect of the command ”New Page” is realistic.
- The printed area is no more centered and no more clipped.
- Shows an estimate of the T1.
Depending on your existing license you may be eligible for a free upgrade, for other users there is a small upgrade fee.
There is a list of spectroscopy applications for the Mac here