ChemDoodle 7 released
01 09 14 - Filed in: Chemical drawing chemdoodle
The latest update to the hugely popular chemical drawing package ChemDoodle has just been announced.
Some of the new features in ChemDoodle 7:
- A new and improved interface based on the feedback from the last 6 years. The new interface is focused on the content and allows you to maximize your drawing areas. Widgets are now floating and can be individually enabled and disabled.
- ChemDoodle 3D. A new application for creating 3D graphics and more for the sciences. You have full control over the 3D graphics and animations, including text. Distance, angle and torsion measurements are provided. Also a corresponding builder for 3D ChemDoodle Web Components. There is so much more.
- Full multipage document support. Create lists of pages or grids. Draw between all pages and print them out.
- BioArt. Large, full color, libraries of new art for use in biological figures, including animals, organs and organelles.
- A set of 48 safety symbols included in the glassware set.
- Significant performance improvements, in many cases 20x faster than v6. ChemDoodle will now load faster, work faster and respond faster.
- New drawing features: collapse fragments to labels, incrementing list attributes (to quickly number or designate parts of structures), new TLC options, rotate atom labels if only a single atom is selected (as opposed to the global option), and more visual specifications among others.
- Twitter integration.
- Integration with the LabArchives ELN.
- Support for both Java 6 and 7 on Mac OS X.
- Dozens more improvements and additions.
If you want to find out more about ChemDoodle 7 there are a series of Webinars that describe it in detail
I hope to write a review later this week.
blog comments powered by Disqus