Papers 3 beta
I see that the new version of the reference management application Papers is now out for beta test. Reading through the release notes this looks like it will be a major upgrade, perhaps the most significant change is the use of Dropbox for syncing between devices making it easier to get access to your references. This sounds excellent however I do know of some institutions that prohibit the use of Dropbox so I was interested to see that “other cloud based syncing services in addition to Dropbox to follow”.
In addition there is:-
- A fresh, new user interface: the new Papers experience is simpler and more organised.
- Navigation modes to keep your work and thoughts organised.
- Relevant article suggestions based on the content you are reading.
- Automatic PDF download when you import articles.
- Better than ever metadata discovery and matching.
- Stay connected: discover tweets and posts about the articles you are reading.
- View and annotate supplemental files directly within Papers 3.
Papers 3 will require Mac OS X Lion and above.
There are more reference management tool here.