22 03 14 - Filed in: Reference Management
The popular reference management application Bookends has been updated. This looks to be a significant update with many bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause mangled reference metadata to appear in the reference list.
- Fixed a bug where editing the Notes field on the main tab would not update the Notes field in the Notes tab.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error to be thrown if you edited a tag while the tag cloud was showing and then clicked on the tag cloud.
- Fixed a scanning bug that prevented the year from being output when a citation used the year-only modifier (%) and had cited pages.
- Fixed a bug where the font size of scanned in-text citations would be different from that of the paragraph's style sheet.
- Fixed a bug in excluding words from capitalization where words consisting of a single accented character were ignored.
- Fixed several bugs in case conversion that affected Title Case and Sentence case.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in malformed citations if you scanned a Word document twice in the same session with an Author-Date format.
- Rating stars in the list view can no longer appear as white on a white background in refs that have been assigned a color label.
- Fixed a bug in Find in This Reference.
- Fixed a problem that prevented dropped text onto a note stream from being added to the new notecard.
- Cited Pages once again work in scanned text files. Bookends Server works once again.
- Fixed a problem where a Find/Replace with styles could change the style for an entire field.
- Fixed an issue with JSTOR where the search would have to be done a second time for it to succeed.
- Corrected the escaped BibTeX output for é.
- Importing metadata from Web of Science in Bookends Browser works again.
- The Key field, if shown in the reference list, will update automatically if you use Refs -> Generate BibTeX Key.
- Fixed a bug where an author's surname was always used if a secondary order field in the format had content, even if the popup told Bookends to use the same name format as the first time.
There is a list of reference management applications for Mac OSX here.