Updated Literature search script
I've updated the Vortex script to run text based queries of PubMed.
If you regularly use the E-utilities API you might want to read this.
After May 1, 2018, NCBI will limit your access to the E-utilities unless you have one of these keys. Obtaining an API key is quick, and simple, and will allow you to access NCBI data faster. If you don’t have an API key, E-utilities will still work, but you may be limited to fewer requests than allowed with an API key.
After May 1, 2018, any computer (IP address) that submits more than 3 E-utility requests per second will receive an error message. This limit applies to any combination of requests to EInfo, ESearch, ESummary, EFetch, ELink, EPost, ESpell, and EGquery.
If you write software of scripts that access the E-utilities API then the users will need to get their own api key. Calls will have this format
I've updated this script to reflect this change, and I've highlighted where you need to add your api key in the script. I've also tried to ensure that any query string should be encoded to make it URL safe and I've extended the search range up to 2018.