The much-awaited CrystalMaker 10.4 is now shipping - complete with full “Dark Mode”.
CrystalMaker and CrystalDiffract are real 64-bit Mac programs, written in Cocoa/Objective-C, with beautiful real Mac interfaces. They’re not Windows or Unix applications reskinned via Qt, Java, wxWidgets they’re the real deal: 100% pure Mac. Thus they are able to offer:-
- Retina display
- Force touch
- Haptic feedback
- Touch bar interface (MacBook Pro)
- Dark Mode
- Full-screen mode and Spaces
- Quick Look
- Finder thumbnails
- QuickTime video
- Apple Help
- Code-signed, sandboxed, with “hardened runtime” for maximum security
CrystalMaker 10.4 has over 60 new features, of which the most-important are probably:-
- Dark Mode
- Sleek new structures library with integrated CrystalViewer (1,100 structures; fully customizable)
- New energy-modelling engine: makes designing your own molecules quick and easy, with vibrational spectra simulation.
- Live powder diffraction: link CrystalMaker 10.4 with CrystalDiffract 6.8 so that editing a crystal in CrystalMaker automatically updates its simulated powder diffraction pattern in CrystalDiffract.
- Interpolate Structures command - makes animating structural behaviour smooth and seamless.
- Customizable Atoms Inspector and coordinates display.
- Spring-loaded sidebars: move the mouse to the edge of the screen to show the relevant sidebar (works great in full-screen mode).
- Powerful video sizing/compression options.
- Fat sticks display option (great for emphasising structural channels).
- Advanced control over axial vectors with scaling, fonts, positioning, inset etc.
More details are available from the download page http://crystalmaker.com/crystalmaker/
They also have a set of video tutorials available.
CrystalMaker X lets you import data from over 40 different formats: with instant display and powerful customization. CrystalMaker can handle including multi-structure files such as DL_POLY HISTORY - use CrystalMaker's synchronization and animation capabilities to rapidly understand structural behaviour, lattice dynamics, or visualize the trajectory of a simulation. CrystalMaker X can also handle truly massive structures. Take advantage of our unique "Depth Profiling" tool, to rapidly scan ares of interest in massive structures - ideal for characterizing the results from computer models.