The LiteMol suite consists of three components, data delivery services (CoordinateServer and DensityServer), the BinaryCIF compression format, and a new lightweight 3D molecular viewer (LiteMol Viewer) https://www.nature.com/articles/nmeth.4499.epdf?.
You can try it out at https://www.litemol.org/.
The LiteMol suite works on all modern web browsers and mobile devices.
Among other things, LiteMol provides:
- Standard visualizations: cartoons, surface, balls and sticks, etc.
- Assemblies and symmetry mates.
- Electron Density and CryoEM maps.
- Integration with PDBe API: view and explore validation and annotation data.
- Integration with the Coordinate Server: download only parts of structures you are interested in.
- Support for the BinaryCIF format that reduces the amount of data that needs to be sent to the client several times.