ORCA 2.9 version available
ORCA is a modern electronic structure program package has been updated
1) The parallelization of the program is now completed. All modules, including MRCI, are now parallel. Parallel performance has been improved in numerous cases.
2) A new module for performing efficient spin adpted single excitation configuration interaction calculations for open shell systems (ROCIS). This is particularly powerful for the calculation of transition metal L-edge X-ray absorption spectra. It is parallelized
3) A new module performing molecular dynamics calculations with ORCA. Also available for methods that only feature numerical gradients.
4) MDCI module: • Orbital optimized coupled cluster version for RHF and UHF (also parallelized) • Brückner coupled cluster (including triples) for RHF and UHF • SEIO functional for orbital invariant, stationary coupled pair calculations • Open shell LPNO-CEPA,QCISD and CCSD methods • Parameterized CCSD (pCCSD) in canonical and LPNO versions (RHF and UHF)
5) CASSCF: • Relativistic CASSCF for the variational treatment of spin orbit coupling. Also uses symmetry. • Projection SOC states on spin-free states possible • Kramers restricted RELCAS • Numerous improvements in NEVPT2 (COSMO, Trajectories and scans, Direct-RI modeless storage) • Improved convergence and convergence aids (... but we are still working on this) • Spin-Spin coupling in QDPT CASSCF/NEVPT2 for magnetic properties • Determinant based full CI program added for the CI step
6) MRCI • Fully parallelized including the QDPT procedure for magnetic properties
7) General/Misc. improvements • VDW10. Latest dispersion correction from the group of Grimme • Nonlocal DFT-NL for incorporation of dispersion in DFT • PW6 B95, PWP B95, RI-PWP B95 functionals • Rappoport/Furche optimized basis sets for properties • Basis set extrapolation now works also with def2 basis sets • Densities for interactive orcaplot • Differences and transition densities in orcaplot • Natural orbitals for unrelaxed MP2 density • SOS-MP2, SOS-RI-MP2, SOS-OO-RI-MP2 energies + gradients • DKH picture change for g-tensors • Overlap fitted RIJCOSX procedure leads to further speedups and improvements in accuracy • Libint2 for more efficient integral evaluation (uses contraction) • Parallelization of point charge correction for QM/MM • Interface to the MRCC program by Mihály Kállay